Gurgaon, or Gurugram, has fast emerged as a thriving metropolitan city with well-developed urban centres hosting residential and office spaces. With used car ownership on the rise, it is becoming more important to know how to properly transfer the ownership of the vehicle to the new owner. The Gurgaon RTO has been entrusted with executing the laws set down by the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 in Gurgaon under the Authority of the State Transport Commissioner of Haryana. As Gurgaon is part of Delhi-NCR, cars from Haryana, Delhi, and UP also run in the city, making it essential to know how to do RC transfer from one state to another. Here are the details to understand how to transfer RC in Gurgaon, Haryana.
List of RTOs in Gurgaon
|RTO Region||RTO Code||Office Address|
|Gurgaon (North)||HR-26||The Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Gurugram (North), Haryana -122018|
|Gurgaon (for Commercial Vehicles)||HR-55||The Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Gurugram, Haryana – 122001|
|Gurgaon – (South, for Private Vehicles)||HR-72||The Regional Transport Officer (RTO), Gurugram (South), Haryana – 122018|
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Apply for Transfer of Vehicle Ownership in Gurgaon
Step 1 – If Transferor and Transferee stay in different RTO areas, then collect ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) from the Traffic Department
If the vehicle bought is not registered in Gurgaon, then the RC transfer has to be initiated by getting the vehicle de-registered at the RTO where it was first registered. You must submit Form 28 to the other state’s RTO to obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) to transfer the vehicle RC to Haryana.
Step 2 – Submit the necessary documents in the RTO
Once the NOC is issued, submit the following documents to the RTO –
- Form 28 or Form 29
- Registration Certificate Copy
- Road Tax Payment supportive document proof for commercial vehicles
- Insurance Policy document
- PUC Certificate
- NOC from the Traffic Police
- Clearance Certificate from NCRB
- NOC from the bank if the vehicle has been guaranteed under a loan
Step 3- Submission Of The Documents
The new vehicle owner must submit all the documents mentioned above to the concerned RTO and pay the applicable charges for the RC transfer. Once the NOC is received, which might take a few days, the new owner can re-register the vehicle in his/ her name.
Step 4 – If the Vehicle is from another state, the vehicle should be re-registered after inter-state transfer
- The Original Registration Certificate from another state if the vehicle is from a different state.
- Form 20
- NOC issued from the last RTO
- Form 27
- Form 33
- Address Proof (Attested Copy)
- Valid Driving License of the new owner (Attested copy)
- PUC Certificate Copy
- PAN Card along with Form 60, or Form 61 (whichever is applicable)
- Passport-size photos of the new owner
- NOC from the bank in case the vehicle is under a loan
Once all the required documents and forms are submitted by the new owner to the RTO, the new registration number is issued after a few weeks. One must also inform the insurance company to get the policy document updated.
Step 5 – Payment of Road Tax
If a vehicle from another state is re-registered in Gurgaon, the owner must pay the road tax again, calculated as per the original invoice of the vehicle paid by a demand draft by the new owner. The new owner can also get the road tax paid in the previous state reimbursed. The following documents have to be submitted to get a reimbursement from the original RTO –
- An Application for the Road Tax Refund
- Updated and Signed Form 16 (i.e. the applicant’s salary certificate from the employer)
- New registration certificate copy
- Old registration certificate copy
- Insurance policy copy with the new registration number
- ID Proof copy
- Address proof copy
Transfer of Vehicle Ownership in Gurgaon, the documents required are –
- Duly filled Form 29
- Duly filled Form 30
- Insurance Policy Copy
- Pollution Under Control Certificate
- Any two Attested Address Proof Copy (voter card/ passport/ telephone/electricity bill/ ration card)
- Report from N.C.R.B.
Vehicle Ownership Transfer online in Haryana
Required Document and Fees
- Registration Certificate of the purchased vehicle (original copy)
- Proof of Address – Aadhar Card/ Passport/ Electricity Bill/ Ration Card etc.
- Insurance Policy Certificate of the vehicle
- PAN Card copy of both the transferor and the transferee
- PUC Certificate copy
- Form 28, Form 29, Form 30, Form 31, Form 32 and Form 35
- Passport-size photographs
- The charges or fees for RC transfer depends on the vehicle type and may vary from RTO to RTO. But it could be around Rs. 300 to Rs.2000.
Process for Vehicle Ownership Transfer online in Haryana
- Visit https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- Click on the “Online Services”
- Select the “Vehicle Related Services”
- Click on “The other States”
- Enter the “Vehicle Registration Number” and click on ‘Proceed’
- Click on the option ‘Miscellaneous’
- Enter the valid ‘Mobile Number’ and click on “Generate OTP”
- Enter the generated OTP and select the option ‘Show Details’
- Select the option ‘Transfer Of Ownership’ under “Application Selection”.
- Enter the details of the new owner’s current address, permanent address and the insurance details of the vehicle under the “Transfer of Ownership Details”
- Click on the option “Payment” and pay the applicable fees.
- After the payment Form 29 and Form 30 will be generated along with a receipt.
- Both the transferor and the transferee should sign the hard copy of the documents and submit the same with the other relevant documents to the RTO Office.
- Within 30 days or more, the RC Transfer will be initiated.
FAQs about transfer of vehicle ownership in Gurgaon
How can I apply for transfer of ownership of my car online on Gurgaon RTO website?
The process of RC transfer in Gurgaon is not entirely online. Few steps can be done online but there are offline procedures as well. Check the Parivahan Sewa Website.
How much time does RC transfer take in Gurgaon?
The Gurgaon RTO takes up to 30 working days to duly complete the RC transfer process after the relevant documents are submitted.
How can I get an NOC from the RTO in Gurgaon?
- Submit an application for NOC at a local RTO with a duly-filled CMV 38 form supported with the required documents.
- Pay the applicable charges for the NOC.
- Once the application has been reviewed, the RTO will seek a report from the local Police station disregarding any criminal cases associated with the vehicle.
- If there are no pending dues or DSL cases involving the vehicle, a NOC will be issued along with a receipt of the clearance certificate.
The RTO clearance for the NOC will take up to 3 working days once all the documents are submitted. to issue the No Objection Certificate after submission of all the required documents.
What documents do I need to change the ownership of a car?
The documents required to change the ownership of a car will depend on whether the RC transfer is done under normal circumstances, ie., when the vehicle is sold or is due to the sudden demise of the owner or if the vehicle is bought in an auction that is sanctioned by the Central or the State Government.
If the ownership is changed due to normal circumstances then the following documents are required – Form 28, Registration Certificate Copy, Road Tax Payment supportive document proof for commercial vehicles, Insurance Policy document, PUC certificate, NOC from the Traffic Police, Clearance Certificate from NCRB, NOC from the bank if the vehicle has been guaranteed under a loan