Hyundai has always been at the forefront of offering premium features in its cars and it was one of the first to introduce connected car technology in India. What the Korean automaker has named ‘Hyundai BlueLink’ is the connected car technology that comes equipped with many of its offerings adding to their luxury and safety. Here is everything you need to know about Hyundai BlueLink.
What is Hyundai Blue Link?
The Hyundai BlueLink technology consists of a suite of internet-based features that elevate the convenience and safety of Hyundai cars. Hyundai has segregated Hyundai BlueLink features into 5 categories: Safety, Security, Remote, Vehicle relationship management, Location-based services, and voice commands through AI-based technology.
In case of a collision, the Auto Crash feature informs the BlueLink call centre for assistance. In addition to that, your emergency contacts (up to five) will also be notified through SMS or GPS location. Moreover, by pressing the button on the internal rear-view mirror, you will immediately be contacted by emergency assistance services.
- Auto Crash Notification: In case of a collision, the BlueLink call centre is immediately called for assisting the occupants by contacting emergency services. The emergency contacts are also contacted at the same time.
- SOS/ Emergency Assistance: Pressing the SOS button on the inside rear-view mirror triggers the call centre to contact your car and send immediate support.
- Roadside Assistance: Pressing the RSA button will inform the call centre to call you and dispatch urgent assistance.
- Panic Notification: If you press the panic notification button, the BlueLink app sends SMSes to five emergency contacts. Also, your car will start honking and blinking.
The Hyundai BlueLink technology facilitates remote monitoring of your vehicle’s security. Such features include a burglar alarm, live tracking of the vehicle, and remote immobilisation of the vehicle.
- Stolen Vehicle Tracking: With the help of the BlueLink call centre you can track the vehicle, in case it is stolen.
- Stolen Vehicle Notification: In case of any burglary, you will receive a notification due to the activation of the vehicle’s alarm.
- Stolen Vehicle Immobilisation: You can inform the call centre to remotely immobilise your vehicle in case it gets stolen.
The Hyundai BlueLink application allows you some remote controls such as locking/unlocking, flashing the headlights, and checking vehicle status. Moreover, you can find your car through the application.
- Remote Engine start/stop: You can start and stop your car through the BlueLink application.
- Remote climate control: You can remotely control the climate control and set the desired temperature.
- Remote door lock/unlock: You can lock and unlock your car through the BlueLink application.
- Remote horn honk and light: You can activate the horn and blinker of your car through the application.
- Remote vehicle status: You can track the real-time information of your car such as AC, doors, engine, etc.
- Find my car: You can detect the location of your car through the application.
- Share my car: With five people, you can share partial BlueLink services such as Point of Interest (POI), send the destination to your car, and alerts.
Vehicle Relationship Management
This feature is more about providing driving behaviour information and monthly vehicle health report, the Hyundai BlueLink technology gives you with diagnostic options. While you get automatically informed regarding any malfunction, you also have an option to run a manual diagnosis to keep a check on all components. Moreover, BlueLink alerts you about the time to change consumables engine oil for instance.
- Auto DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) Check: You get a real-time alert in case of any malfunction of any mechanicals such as engine and gearbox.
- Manual DTC Check: You can run a manual diagnosis on the vehicle which checks for any malfunction in the system, such as airbags.
- Monthly Health Report: You can check monthly driving statistics and real-time vehicle conditions.
- Maintenance Alert: Based on the odometer reading, you get real-time alerts for vehicle maintenance such as the replacement of engine oil.
- Driving information/ Behaviour: You get daily trip information along with the driving behaviour report for each trip.
The Hyundai BlueLink provides you the option to share your real-time locations and destinations with friends and family. It also allows you to remotely set the destination for the trip.
- Push Map to the car from App: Through the phone application only you can set the destination of your journey in the car’s navigation system.
- Push Maps by call centre: You can call the BlueLink call centre to set the destination in the car’s navigation system.
- Live POI Search: You get periodic updates on the selected points of interest such as fuel pumps, restaurants, malls, etc.
- Live Traffic information: You get real-time traffic updated with alternative route suggestions
- Share the Destination: You can share your destination with your friends and family.
- Live Car Tracking: You track your car through the phone application.
- Destination Set in Link with Schedule: You can sync the calendar events and their destinations with the BlueLink application to automatically navigate the vehicle on schedule.
- Live Car Location Sharing: You can share your vehicle location with your friends and family.
With the help of GPS, not only can you track your vehicle but also set some boundaries for your car in terms of area, speed, idling, etc.
- Geo-Fence Alert: You receive an alert if your vehicle crosses its pre-set boundary.
- Speed Alert: You receive an alert when your vehicle exceeds a pre-set speed.
- Time Fencing Alert: You receive an alert when your vehicle moves with the hours restricted for it.
- Valet Alert: You receive valet alerts when your vehicle exceeds any of its valet parameters.
- Idle Alert: You receive alerts when your vehicle remains idle for more than a pre-fixed duration.
The artificial intelligence-based voice control is the most promising of all the Hyundai BlueLink features. Moreover, the voice recognition software has been built to understand Indian English accents and operates various functions such as sunroof, media, hands-free calling, navigation, etc. Additionally, the Hyundai BlueLink is compatible with many leading smartwatches.
Cars with Hyundai BlueLink
The stylish premium hatchback, Hyundai i20 serves with Hyundai BlueLink technology in its Asta and above variants. The ex-showroom price of Hyundai i20 Asta is ₹8.93 lakhs.
Hyundai Creta, one of the top-sellers, packs the Hyundai BlueLink Technology in its SX and above trims. The ex-showroom price of the Hyundai Creta SX variant is ₹14.20 lakhs.
Hyundai Venue is the first Hyundai car in India to offer Hyundai BlueLink technology. The compact SUV sports Hyundai BlueLink technology in its SX and higher variants. The Hyundai Venue SX is priced at ₹9.99 lakhs (ex-showroom).
Featuring Hyundai BlueLink technology is one of the most premium aspects of Hyundai Verna. The Hyundai Verna sports the BlueLink technology in its SX (O) and above variants. The Hyundai Verna SX (O) variant is priced at ₹12.97 lakhs (ex-showroom).
Hyundai’s first step in the 7-seater segment, Hyundai Alcazar features the BlueLink technology in all of its variants. The ex-showroom price of Hyundai Alcazar is ₹16.34: 20.14 lakhs.
The elegant Hyundai Elantra features BlueLink technology in its SX and above variants. The ex-showroom price of the Hyundai Elantra SX variant is ₹17.86 lakhs.
The flagship of Korean carmaker, Hyundai Tucson offers BlueLink technology in all of its variants priced ₹22.69: 27.47 lakhs.
How to transfer Hyundai BlueLink to the new owner?
If you have bought a used Hyundai car that is equipped with the BlueLink feature, you need to follow these steps:
- To transfer the enrollment in your name, you need to call the Hyundai BlueLink call centre and verify your ownership.
- After verification, the call centre agent will ready up your car to enroll for BlueLink services.
- The BlueLink free services are available till the expiration of the vehicle’s warranty or free subscription period and post that they can be availed on a chargeable basis.
What is the duration of free BlueLink services?
The period of 3 years of free subscription comes along with a new Hyundai car that features Hyundai BlueLink technology.
Which Hyundai cars have BlueLink technology?
The Hyundai cars that offer BlueLink technology are i20, Venue, Verna, Creta, Alcazar, Elantra, and Tucson.
How many BlueLink features does Hyundai Creta have?
The Hyundai Creta sports more than 50 BlueLink features.
What safety features does Hyundai Blue Link offer?
The safety features of Hyundai BlueLink sports are Auto Crash notification, emergency assistance, roadside assistance, and panic notification.
How many emergency contacts can I make in BlueLink?
You can register up to five emergency contacts in the BlueLink services.