With growing traffic volume on city roads as well as higher instances of traffic violations, the Government of India introduced the Motor Vehicles Act, 2019 that stated more stringent penalties for traffic violations. In an effort to digitize and streamline the challan process, traffic police in major cities like Hyderabad have adopted the Electronic Challan (eChallan) System.
With the initiative of e-Challan in Hyderabad, it becomes easy to maintain and track traffic records by increasing transparency in the whole process. It makes payment easy as e-Challan allows more effective ways of digital payment.
How to Pay Hyderabad Traffic E-Challan Online
Traffic E-Challan can be paid via online mediums through the traffic police website, Parivahan website or through other online payment services like Paytm. Now let’s see how these payments can be made.
On Hyderabad Traffic Police Website
E-Challan payment can be done directly on the Hyderabad traffic police website. Follow the below mentioned steps to make the payment regarding traffic offences.
- Step 1 : Visit the Hyderabad Police Official Website
- Step 2 : Click on ‘Services’ tab
- Step 3: On the next page click on ‘E-Challan Status’
- Step 4: Clicking this tab will redirect you to Telangana State Police Website
- Step 5: On the website, enter the vehicle number and fill in a captcha query and click on ‘Go’
- Step 6: By clicking on ’Go’ you will be directed to the page where the information about the challan will be provided
- Step 7: After confirming the information, payment can be done successfully
Online payment portal Paytm can be used to pay E-Challan in Hyderabad. The payment can be made either through the mobile application of Paytm or its website.
Using Paytm mobile application
- Step 1: Open the Paytm mobile application
- Step 2: Scroll down to ‘Recharge and Bill Payments’
- Step 3: Click on ‘View More’ option
- Step 4: Scroll down to the option ‘Transit’
- Step 5: Click the ‘Challan’ option from the ‘Transit’ section
- Step 6: Under the ‘Traffic Authority’ click or enter the name of the city, ‘Telangana Traffic Police’
- Step 7: Enter the vehicle number and click on ‘Proceed’
- Step 8: Click on ‘Status of Challan’
- Step 9: Click on ‘Proceed’ and check the fine amount
- Step 10: Choose the mode of payment and pay the amount
- Step 11: You’ll receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number or email Id on successful transaction of the fine
Using Paytm website
- Step 1: Open the Paytm Website page
- Step 2: To login to your Paytm Web account, open Paytm App, tap on the scan option and scan the QR code on the webpage
- Step 3: Now click on’ Payment for Consumers’
- Step 4: Click on ‘Payments’
- Step 5: Click on ‘Bill Payments and Recharges’
- Step 6: Scroll down and click on ‘Traffic Challan’
- Step 7: Click on ‘ Telangana Traffic Police’ option
- Step 8: Enter your vehicle number and click ‘Proceed’
- Step 9: Click on ‘ Challan Status’
- Step 10: Select the payment mode and pay the amount
- Step 11: Confirmation message will be generated after payment is done
On Parivahan Website
Here are the steps to follow to pay E- Challan on Parivahan Website.
- Step 1: Open the Parivahan Website
- Step 2: Click on ‘Online Services’ on the left-hand side of the webpage
- Step 3: From the dropdown list, click ‘eChallan’ option
- Step 4: Click on ‘Check Online Services’ again on the left-hand top side of the page
- Step 5: Now click ‘Check Challan Status’ from the dropdown
- Step 6: Enter ‘Challan Number’, ‘Vehicle Number’ or ‘Driving License Number’ and click on ‘Get Details’ to get Challan details
- Step 7: Check the status and click on ‘Pay Now’
- Step 8: Select the mode of payment and pay the fine
- Step 9: Transaction ID will be generated to the user on successful completion of transaction
How to Check Traffic Fine and E-Challan Status Online
To check the status of E-Challan online follow the given steps.
- Step 1: Open the Parivahan E-Challan Website
- Step 2: Click on ‘Check Online Services’ option
- Step 3: Click on ‘Check Challan Status’ from the dropdown list
- Step 4: Enter the ‘Challan Number’ or ‘Vehicle Number’ or ‘Driving License Number’ and click on ‘Get Details’
- Step 5: The webpage will appear with the details of the Challan.
Hyderabad Traffic Police Challan Fees
Here are the various traffic offences and their respective penalty or fine amount issued by Hyderabad Traffic Police.
To drive without a valid licence
Driving a vehicle which is unregistered
Driving a vehicle without a permit
Referred to Court / RTA
Driving a vehicle without insurance
To drive in less than permitted age
Violating ‘No entry’
‘One Way’ violation
Violating ‘U Turn’
Offence related to violation of prohibited area
Driving dangerously at high speeds, rash, and negligent driving
Driving dangerously posing threat to other people lives
To drive on pavements
₹50 – ₹200
Driving while being mentally and physically challenged
Not wearing a helmet while driving
Overloading a vehicle
₹1,000 for every excess ton
Permitting unauthorized person to drive
Driving on the wrong side
Triple riding on motorcycle or scooter
Violation of stop line
Violation of lane
Irregular number plate violation
Disobeying traffic police officers in uniform
Violating traffic signals
Mobile phone usage while driving
Over speeding while driving
Dangerous driving leading to accident
Driving without PUC certificate
With E-Challan, the traffic challan is directly issued to the registered phone number and can be either paid online or offline. E-Challan has been a huge benefit especially for traffic police officers as they can easily track law violators without any direct contact. The whole process is contactless and efficient so that no one evades from paying the fine. It helps to maintain reports and documents, to track the number and types of offences committed, payment of challans etc. According to various reports, the number of drivers notified via e-challans are nearly double the number of those stopped by police on the road.
Pay E-Challan in Other Cities
Pay E-Challan in Other Cities
How can I check my E-Challan in Hyderabad?
The traffic E-Challan can be checked from E-Challan Parivahan Website. Here you can check the status of the challan as well as remit the fine online. Open the Parivahan website, click on ‘Online services’ and select ‘Check e-challan status’ option from the dropdown list. Enter vehicle number, driving license number or challan number to get details of e-challan in Hyderabad.
How can I pay my traffic challan online in Hyderabad?
You can pay traffic E-Challan through Paytm mobile app or website, Parivahan website or directly through Hyderabad traffic police website.
- On the Paytm app, click on ‘View More’ in the ‘Recharge and Bill Payments’ section and then click the ‘Challan’ option from the ‘Transit’ section.
- Select ‘Telangana Traffic Police’ as the city. Enter vehicle number and click on ‘ Status of Challan. Check your fine amount from the details and choose the mode of payment to pay the fine.
- On Parivahan website, click on ‘Online services’ and select ‘Check e-challan status’ from the dropdown list.
- Enter vehicle number, driving license number or challan number. Check the details of the challan and click on ‘Pay Now’ to remit the fine.
- On the Hyderabad Traffic Police website, click on the ‘Services’ tab and then click on ‘E-challan status’.
- Enter vehicle number, confirm the Challan details and make the payment.
What will happen if I do not pay the amount of E-Challan in Hyderabad?
Anyone who fails to pay the fine will be visited by a Hyderabad Traffic Police Officer at their address to collect the fine. If the fine is not collected from the offender’s home, he/she will be summoned to the court. In case the person fails to appear before the court, their license will be suspended.
Who has been authorized to collect traffic fines in Hyderabad?
Any traffic police officer above the rank of assistant sub-inspector of police or in the position of branch manager is authorized to collect on-the-spot fines for traffic offences in Hyderabad.
Is there a deadline to pay Hyderabad traffic E-Challans?
An e-challan needs to be paid within 60 days from the issue date, if not it will be taken to court further.
Can I be fined for the same traffic violation in Hyderabad?
Yes, one can be fined for the same traffic offence more than once. Moreover the penalty amount can be higher during the second time for repeating the offence.
Who is authorized to issue Hyderabad traffic challan?
Traffic police officers who are in the post of head constable or officers of higher post can issue a traffic challan.
Where is the Hyderabad traffic challan app available?
You can download Telangana traffic challan application from Google Playstore to check your traffic penalties.